The "Caseificio Sociale Santa Rita Bio" of Pompeano in Serramazzoni was established in 1964 by a group of farms in the neighborhood of the production. Every day since 1996 we produce 14 wheels of Organic Parmigiano Reggiano and 1 of Organic Parmigiano Reggiano with only milk of Vacca Bianca Modenese (Slow Food Presidium ).We give to the consumer the maximum guarantees of hygiene, uniqueness and quality of our Parmigiano Reggiano, checked from the regular commitment of agronomists, veterinarians and farms, during all stages of the production process.
The Dairy Santa Rita Bio is certified organic in 1996 and since 2009 has started the production of only ONE wheel a day of Organic Parmigiano Reggiano with milk of Modenese White Cow(Slow Food Presidium) to protect this historical Parmigiano Reggiano race from extinction .
Currently in addition to Organic Parmigiano Reggiano, at the Dairy you can find:
- A shop (Parmigiano rock cut, in vacuum packs, with ages from 12 to 156 months) and a large choice of best italian organic products
- A laboratory of packaging and sale of Modenese White Cow organic meat
- Two meeting rooms (equipped with video)
- A kitchen for cooking classes
- A service of guided tour and tasting at the dairy in English, French and Spanish languages
- Area camper with 6 pitches (part of the circuit www.fattoreamico.it)
MARK PDO (Protected Designation of Origin)
Our Parmigiano is marked byf the Consortium of Parmigiano Reggiano, that is responsible for:
- verify the application of the Production Rules
- protect Parmigiano Reggiano from imitations
- promote the knowledge and consumption of Parmigiano Reggiano
- refine and improve the quality of Parmigiano Reggiano to preserve their uniqueness and distinctiveness
ICEA is the first certification of Biological chain "from farm to fork", which guarantees the traceability of raw materials and finished product, ensuring product quality and consumer protection. ICEA is present in 28 countries. Organic means:
- Cultivation of land for the production of fodder and cereals
- Method of breeding that admits only the use of natural (no chemical fertilizers, no fertilizer, no pesticides ...)
- If necessary, use of herbal medicine or homeopathic cures
- Feeding cattle based foragg and biological cerealii
The entire chain is certified Organic . But why choose organic ?
Prof. Matthew Giannattasio ( Professor at the University of Padua and consultant for S.Gallicano Hospital of Rome ) researches reveal that organic dairy products :
- Are rich in fat-soluble vitamins : contain more vitamin A and E (antioxidants)
- Have a high content of Omega - 3 and Conjugated linoleic acids, wich prevent cardiovascular diseases , allergies and cancer.
- Are free of pesticides or drugs
- Have no GMO , no preservatives, no dyes , no phosphates ( E338 , E343 , E450 , E451 ) or polyphosphates ( E452 )